Pre-register for the free 5K FUN Walk/Run on March 22 at Hawk Island at www.runsignup.com/winterwarmup. All participants will receive a custom Fun Walk/Run racing bib with their name, if they register by Thursday, March 12.
12th Annual Winter Warm Up
Featuring the Blues Community Challenge
FREE 8-week program, January 24 to March 22, for all mid-Michigan residents designed to improve your health and fitness.
- Learn the benefits of a healthy lifestyle for you and your family with health and wellness information and presentations.
- Connect with community resources and events that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Get moving with the popular Blues Community Challenge, returning for the 5th year! There are two new changes this year!
First - all mid-Michigan residents will join one team! Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has challenged thetri-county region to log 250,000 miles of exercise.
Second - the Blues Community Challenge has partnered with “Metro Lansing Loses A Million” and that means you can join the Challenge and log your exercise on a brand new web tool. Any exercise counts, be it running, walking, swimming, or even snow shoeing - and based on how strenuous it is it gets converted into miles on the website. You can log on at www.MetroLansingLosesAMillion.com, and you will automatically be a part of the Blues Community Challenge.
- Be inspired, follow individuals who have committed to being healthy lifestyle champions during the Winter Warm-Up. Read their stories and follow their journey to improved health and wellness by clicking on the healthy lifestyle champions tab.
- Celebrate health and fitness personal and community achievements at the WWU Celebration 5K Fun Run/Walk on March 22 at Hawk Island Park.
The WWU programs have expanded this year! Events are offered throughout the week and the tri-county area. All programs are free and open to all mid-Michigan residents. Click on the Events tab to see the complete calendar of Events
For the majority of the WWU events, you simply sign-in at the event. Classes requiring pre-registration are noted in red on the event descriptions.