Healthy Habits Writing Contest
Click on the image to print or download a copy of the Health Habits Writing Contest form. Please note that the deadline for entries has been extended to March 10, 2014.
Recipes for Healthy Snacks Available
There was a great turn out for the “Let’s Make Healthy Snacks” program at the Lansing Mall on February 15. There were many great snack ideas and here is a link to the recipes that people shared at the program.
January 18 – March 22
FREE 9-week program for all mid-Michigan residents designed to improve your health and fitness.
- Encourage people to increase physical activity by raising awareness about the importance of being physically active
- Connects people to resources and community events that promote healthy lifestyles
- Get moving with the Blues Community Challenge Sign-up
The WWU weekly programs will be health at the Lansing Mall or locations throughout the tri-county area. Please note that the weekend days differ (one Friday, seven Saturdays, two Sundays). Check the Calendar of Events.
No pre-registration is required for Winter Warm-Up events. Simply sign-in at the event. You may also sign up or log in activity for the Blues Community Challenge.
Returning for the 4th Year:
The BCC is an opportunity for individuals and 9 mid-Michigan municipalities to form teams, encouraging physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
- Teams will compete for community awards provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
- Team rankings are determined by the cumulative physical activity totals.
- Participants of any age and ability are welcome, as long as they are willing to increase their physical activity.
- All kinds of physical activity (exercise) can be counted, as long as it is above and beyond the normal activity that you engage in for daily living.
To find out more information about the Blues Community Challenge, click on the “Blues Community Challenge” tab at the top.
To sign up for the Blues Community Challenge, click on the “How to Sign Up for the BCC” tab at the top.